The duties and responsibilities of the Department of Strategic Health Development are the following:
- Proposes, drafts and ensures the implementation of policies/strategies for health services through the defined monitoring and evaluating system;
- Proposes, drafts and ensures the implementation of the legal framework for the improvement of the health care system, in accordance with international standards and norms;
- Plans activities for the development and strategic managing og the health sector in compliance with the financial possibilities available;
- Provides professional advices for the implementation of the legislation and policy documents in the field of the health system;
- Provices supports in the professional development of human resources in the health setor, including the nursery sector.
- Provides support in the determination of the needs for the developmet of the health infrastructure, including the facilities and medical equipment.
- Division of Strategic Planning in Health;
- Monitoring and Evaluating Division;
- Division of Quality and Safety of health care services;
- Division for Licensing and Accreditation of health institutions;
- Infrastructure Division;
- Division for citizens rights to health care