The duties and responsibilities of the Department of the Health Information System (HIS), are the following:
- Proposes, drafts and ensures the implementation of the policy/strategic documents and the legislation related to the development of HIS
- Monitors and reports regularly on the implementation of policies/strategies and the legislation on HIS, including its maintenance and functioning;
- Plans the financial, human and technological resources on the regular functioning of HIS;
- Contributes that the data on HIS be qualitative and realiable;
- Provides authorizations on the access to the sources of data and registries according to the request and relevant legislation on data protection.
Division of HIS Strategic Planning;
Division on the Supervision of the Operative Functioning of HIS.